List of Countries with Confirmed Cases of the Coronavirus
The novel coronavirus, which began late last year 2019 in Wuhan, China has continued to spread across border. The coronavirus is spreading in the Middle East, Europe and other parts of the world.
How Coronavirus is Contracted
This virus, which currently has no cure, is spread through any of the following ways:
- Contact with the nasal or mouth droplets of an infected person.
- Contact with the stool or blood of an infected person.
However, research has shown that for infection of the coronavirus to take place you have to be within six feet of the infected person.
Lots of infected persons left Wuhan, the center of the outbreak back to the shores of their countries and sadly, the virus began to spread.
Here is a list of countries with confirmed cases of the coronavirus.
1.Afghanistan – 1
2.Australia – 22
3.Algeria – 1
4.Austria – 2
5.Bahrain – 26
6.Belgium – 1
7.Brazil – 1
8.Cambodia – 1
9.Canada – 11
11.Egypt – 1
12.Croatia – 1
13.France – 18
14.Finland – 2
15.Georgia – 1
16.Germany – 19
17.Greece – 1
18.Iran – 139
19.Iraq – 5
20.India – 3
21.Italy – 400
22.Israel – 2
23.Kuwait – 25
24.Japan – 179 and 705
25.Lebanon – 2
26.Malaysia – 22
27.Nepal – 1
28.North Macedonia – 1
30.Oman – 2
31.Pakistan – 2
32.The Philippines – 3
33.Russia – 2
34.Singapore – 91
35.South Korea – 1,261
36.Spain – 11
37.Sri Lanka – 1
38.Sweden – 1
39.Switzerland – 1
40.Taiwan – 31
41.Thailand – 40
42.United Arab Emirates – 13
43.United Kingdom – 13
44.United States – 60
So far, over 80% of all confirmed cases are from China where the virus originated from. Over 81,000 people have been infected with about 2700 plus dead from it.
Coronavirus symptoms to look out for include:
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
Death Toll of the Novel Coronavirus
Death toll continue to rise as affected countries struggle to overcome this pandemic.
Here’s a death toll of the disease so far on Wednesday 26, 2020
Death toll from coronavirus is above 2,700 the world over, with most of these from mainland China.
Over 81,000 cases have been reported with the vast majority being from China, followed closely by South Korea
- Italy now has more than 400 coronavirus cases and 12 deaths.
- France reports one death from the novel coronavirus.
- There’s been a decline in the number of cases in China, although it reported an additional 406 cases on Wednesday morning, along with 52 deaths.
More Coronavirus Updates
- Canada reports its 12th coronavirus case, a woman who returned from Iran.
- For the first time since the outbreak of novel coronavirus, there are more cases reported outside China than within.
- Kuwait Airways plans to send a plane to the city of Milan in northern Italy to evacuate citizens.
- Iraq is taking drastic measures in its bid to curb the spread of the disease and has banned public gatherings. It has also banned travelling to nine countries. These countries are: China, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Italy, Bahrain and Kuwait.
- Pakistan confirms its first two cases and the Health Minister Zafar Mirza assurassures its citizens everything is under control.
“Both cases are being taken care of according to clinical standard protocols and both of them are stable,” Mirza wrote on Twitter.
“No need to panic, things are under control. I will hold press conference tomorrow on return from Taftan.”
There are currently no known coronavirus treatment or cure. However, you can protect yourself as best you can.
Here are some of the recommended ways to keep yourself safe:
1.Wash your hands as often as possible with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Alternatively, you can make use of an alcohol-base hand sanitizer which are very effective in ridding your hands of harmful and even deadly bacteria and virus.
a good alcohol-based sanitizer to use is Curad Alcohol Prep Pads.
- Cuard Alcohol Prep Pads are thick to provide excellent cleansing action
- Each alcohol swab is individually sealed for convenience and safety
- Alcohol prep pads are made with 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Alcohol pads can be used for removal of oils and residue from skin
- Packaged as four 100 count boxes for a total of 400 prep pads
- Cuard Alcohol Prep Pads are thick to provide excellent cleansing action. Each alcohol swab is individually sealed for convenience and safety. Made with 70% isopropyl alcohol. 400 alcohol swabs.
2.Keep your distance from anyone who appears sick. The recommended distance by the World Health Organization is 3-6 feet.
3.Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Do not sneeze or cough into your hands. Use a tissue and dispose of it immediately into a dustbin.
4.Make use of face masks, especially in public gatherings.
Tags: coronavirus death toll, coronavirus symptoms, coronavirus outbreak