Canker Sore Remedies: Top 3 Remedies for Quick Relief and Healing
Anyone who has ever had canker sores knows it can be extremely painful and interfere with your regular activities. Canker sore, medically referred to as recurrent aphthous stomatitis (RAS), is an ulcer-like sore that appears on the inside of the mouth or on the tongue.
These sore is usually round or oval with a white or yellow middle and a red border and mostly appears on the soft tissues of the mouth like the inner cheeks or the base of your gum and this is what makes it extremely painful.
While this sore causes unbearable pain, it thankfully, isn’t contagious and usually heals on its own within 1-3 weeks for milder cases and within six weeks for more serious cases. Due to this pain, most sufferers usually turn to remedies to get relief and also speed up its healing.
What Causes Canker Sores?
The exact cause of canker sore remains unknown, however, from research it has been determined that one or more of these factors can trigger an episode of it or worsen an already existing case:
A Weak Immune System
Although canker sores can develop whether or not you have a weak immune system, people with one are more prone to it. This happens when the body’s natural defenses there to protect the body turn to attack the cells in the mouth.
Stress or Anxiety
Since stress hampers with the regular functioning of your immune system by reducing the number of white blood cells available to fight off disease-causing microbes, this leaves you prone to opportunistic infections, including canker sores.
A Family History of Canker Sores
People with a family history of canker sores are also more likely to come down with one or multiple episodes of canker sores yearly. People likely to have such repeat experience of this ailment are people with certain variant of genes that are involved in pro-inflammatory responses.
Eating a food you are allergic to causes your body to release makes your immune system react is a way that is most times unpleasant. The immune system considers such foods to be foreign materials and releases a sequence of reactions that create histamine, a hormone that can cause inflammation, pain and even canker sores.
Canker sores is more common in women and this is due to the fact women experience more hormonal changes brought on by menstrual cycles.
The human body lacking vital nutrients like iron, folic acid, copper, or magnesium have also been known to cause canker sores. Calcium deficiencies can also cause canker sores, but calcium deficiency can worsen the situation more than causing them. Healthy eating is the best solution to this nutritional shortcoming.
Although rare, accidentally biting the cheeks or lips, injuries resulting from cleaning the teeth roughly and wounds from braces are known to also leaves one susceptible to this ailment.
A lot of disorders in the human body come about as a result of a deficiency in certain vitamins. A deficiency in vitamin B-12 is more likely to result in regular bouts of canker sores. Luckily canker sores brought on by this can easily be resolved by taking vitamin capsules or applying vitamin B-12 capsule powder directly on the sore.
Symptoms of Canker Sores to Look Out for
Some very common symptoms that will point you are experiencing canker sores are:
- An extremely painful red round or oval-shaped sore in your mouth.
- A burning or tingling sensation that accompanies the pain.
- A fever
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Not feeling good.
Complications of Canker Sores
Most people prefer to leave this sore to go on its own. However, if you choose not to take any canker sore remedies, you should know that while the sore can and does go completely, there are times when it could result in certain complications.
Complications you can expect to see include:
- Sores that spread outside your mouth
- Extreme difficulties eating or talking
- Oral ulceration.
Canker Sore Remedies for Fast Relief
Although this ailment can and does usually go on its own, the pain it comes with sees people desperately turning to canker sores remedies for fast relief from the pain. There are quite a few of these remedies available for this ailment and while some actually produce the fast relief they promise, their effects usually do not go beyond providing relief to bring quick relief.
A few canker sore remedies that can alleviate the pain temporarily:
- Eating yogurt or ice cream or taking a glass of milk.
- Apply an ice pack to the sore.
3.With the aid of a cotton ball, apply a small quantity of milk of magnesia for the pain.
- A salt and water gargle.
- Taking vitamin B supplements if your sores were brought about by a deficiency of this vitamin.
- Taking a cup of tea made with chamomile leaves and honey, a combination that’s known to reduce inflammation and sooth the pain.
- Avoiding certain foods known to trigger this ailment.
- Using aloe vera, which is known to not just soothe the inflammation and sooth reduce the irritation.
Cancer Sore Remedies Known to Speed Up Healing
Besides bring relief from the pain, these canker sore remedies will also speed up healing.
If you are looking for a good over – the-counter solution to give you relief and rapid recovery from mouth sores or mouth sores then a good over-the-counter remedy is just what you need. Some good products that have been proven to produce this result are Canker Rid and Squigle Enamel Saver Toothpaste.
On its part, Canker Rid is unlike other products that you used. This product, made of honey bee propolis, offers quite a number of benefits including being a bioflavonoid that works well to strengthen the immune system, eliminate allergic reactions and heal canker sores.
Bee propolis is a sticky substance produced by bees. The bees collect this plant resin from cedar bark and leaves, get it mixed with bee nectar, pollen and wax bread. Propolis also contains bioflavonoids and amino acids, two compound that are known to protect against disease-causing bacteria.
Canker-Rid® - Get Immediate Relief and Heal Canker Sores - Restore Your Quality of Life today - GUARANTEED!
- Effective canker sore treatment
- Immediate relief of pain
- Canker-rid? – Get immediate relief and heal canker sores – Restore Your Quality Of Life today – Guaranteed; By durham' S Bee Farm, Inc
Canker Rid by Durham Bee Farm, is one canker sore remedy that seems to leave up to its high reputation for bringing relief for bringing canker sore healing.
When first applied topically to the wound, Canker Rid produces a stinging sensation that lasts a few minutes, but then goes to effect immediate to cauterize the pain, bringing you IMMEDIATE relief.
Other benefits of Canker Rid Include:
- Canker Rid is very much easy to use. For a more effective result, it should be applied at the first sign of this sore and done twice daily. Use one lonzenge from the pack and allow dissolve.
- This remedy brings on quick cancer sore healing and then goes beyond to prevent future recurrent infections. It does this by creating a healthy oral mucosal lining in the mouth, which is a must for preventing future occurrences.
When to See a Doctor
You should consider seeing a doctor if you present with any of the following symptoms:
- Your canker sores lasts for more than 3 weeks. This long duration may be a symptom of other underlying health condition which would need checking out.
- If canker sores develop a little too frequently for an extended period of time.
- If you experience extreme difficulty swallowing and taking adequate liquid.
- If you experience irritation in the eyes or stomach pain.
- If you experience other uncomfortable symptoms like fever or difficulties eating.