5 Ways to Boost Your a Weak Immune System to Avoid Coronavirus (COVID-19)
With the recent pandemic outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) ravaging countries, more and more frantic efforts are being put in place to curb the further spread of the disease. So far, 107 countries have been infected with 126,414 confirmed cases. Of this astronomical figure, there have been 68, 310 recoveries and 4,635 fatalities.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a disease of the respiratory system that comes with very debilitating symptoms, although, most cases of it aren’t serious or fatal. However, to boost your chances of recovery, you need to have a strong immunity as people with a weak immune system most likely don’t survive the disease.
Your immune system or white blood cells guards your body against harmful and opportunistic illnesses and diseases and having a weak immune system will leave you prone to one or more attacks that may be fatal.
Related: 20+ Foods to Boost Low Sperm Count
Luckily, you can strengthen your immune system in no time by adopting proven ways known to build immunity.
Five Ways to Boost a Weak Immune System
Any one of these seven ways will boost your immune system some, however, adopting all will give you a much stronger immune system. That said, here are the ways you can achieve this:
Garlic may smell horrible, but it is one food that comes packed with a lot of helpful vitamins and nutrients. This superfood has been used as a spice for foods as well as for medicines to treat and cure a myriad of illnesses for several years.
Garlic contains a powerful compound, allicin, which gives it its medicinal properties. Allicin is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antioxidant and will help rid your body of harmful microbes if these get in.
Besides antioxidant and antimicrobial, garlic also contains minerals like selenium, manganese, calcium, copper, vitamins B1, B6, and vitamin C that are needed to build a strong, healthy immune system.
If you find you are unable to stand the really strong odour that comes with garlic, then taking a good garlic supplement should do the trick. There are quite a number of garlic supplements avaible but one good one you can take is Puritan’s Pride Odorless Garlic 1000 Mg
2.Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
You can never get too much of these very nutritious and healthy class of foods. Not only do fruits and vegetables keep you full, sometimes for longer, they also help boost a weak immune system.
There are certain fruits and vegetables that are especially high in vitamin C and taking these regularly will do your body and health a world of good. You can usually find such high amounts of vitamin C in vegetables such as kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and kiwi and in fruits like papaya, strawberries, pineapple and mango.
Other foods high in vitamin C include chilli pepper, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, pea, citrus fruits, cabbage, spinach, chard, sambai, gooseberry, and capsicum.
No one likes stress and for good reasons too. When you undergo any kind of stress, whether physical or emotional, your brain signals your endocrine system (that all is not well) which then releases different hormones into your system. The effect of these hormones is that they end up suppressing and weakening your immune system, leaving you susceptible to diseases.
There are quite a number of ways a person can become stressed – from not getting enough sleep, having a traumatic life experience to major life change. However, the beauty here is that undergoing a stress management therapy coupled with eating the right foods will boost a weak immune system in no time.
Regular exercise benefits your heart in so many ways:
- It strengthens your heart, making it more capable in pumping blood around your body.
- Your lungs also get stronger in the use and distribution of oxygen around your body.
- Your white blood cells charged with defending the body against attack also get strengthened to fight off microbes.
However, you should know that while a regular exercise regime is beneficial, doing too much of it will have a counter productive effect and weaken your immune system.
How often should you exercise then to stay fit and healthy? You should aim for 30 minutes of some light to moderate exercise daily or 30 minutes of some moderate-paced cardio exercise five times a week. You should also pick an exercise type that best suites you be it walking, power walks, cycling, swimming, running, etc.
Supplements are a great way for your body to get the nutrients and vitamins it needs and since 90% of people don’t get the needed nutrients from foods alone, taking daily supplements is a must.
Another reason to take supplements daily is because things such as stress and even some medications can upset the balance you have, needing you to replenish.
While you can take just about any supplements, there are some you just must take daily to boost a weak immune system. These are
- Cod liver oil
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
NewRhythm Probiotics 50 Billion CFU 20 Strains, 60 Veggie Capsules, Targeted Release Technology, Stomach Acid Resistant, No Need for Refrigeration, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
$15.29 in stock
- ★Made in New York, USA★ NewRhythm 50 Billion Probiotics is made in a Facility Based in New York, USA. Our Facility is GMP Certificated, which Represent the Highest Level of Technology, Quality Purity and Consistency.
- ★50 Billion 20 Strains Targeted Release Formula★ NewRhythm 50 Billion Probiotics Capsules is Scientifically Backed and Clinically Proven, Formulated by Doctor with 50 Billion Living Organisms Per Serving, Featuring Targeted Release Technology to Help Probiotics Survive Stomach Acids and Reach Your Intestinal Track. Organic Prebiotics Fiber is also Included In the Formula.
- ★Potent and Pure for Your Digestive Health and Immune Health*★ Our All Natural Probiotics Provides Support For the Establishment and Maintenance of Favorable Intestinal Flora. Gives You Powerful Support for Healthy Digestion and Balanced Intestinal Ecology. Our Products are Shelf Stable that Does NOT Require Refrigeration.
- ★100% Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Free★ NewRhythm 50 Billion Probiotics is Formulated with 100% Natural Ingredients and Independently Tested in 3rd Party Labs in USA. Our Probiotics Supplement is Verified NON-GMO, Gluten Free and Verified Free of Sugar, Soy, Yeast, Egg, Wheat, Corn, Peanuts, Fish, Shellfish, Magnesium Stearate, Artificial Ingredients, Fillers, Binders, Preservatives.
- ★100% Satisfaction Guaranteed★ We stand behind our products with confidence. If in anyway you are not completely satisfied with our products, please let us know in 30 days, we will give you money back.
Centrum Adult (200 Count) Multivitamin / Multimineral Supplement Tablet, Vitamin D3
- 200 count bottle of Centrum Adult Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement with Antioxidants such as Vitamins C and E, and Zinc, Vitamin D3 and B Vitamins
- Vitamins for women and men with iron, antioxidants and B Vitamins for energy, metabolism and immunity support (1)
- 23 micronutrients including Vitamin D3 to support bone health, B Vitamins for metabolism support and antioxidants for immune support (1)
- Vitamin supplements with 100 percent or more of the daily value of iron, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin B12
- Each bottle of these vitamins with both iron and zinc contains 200 easy-to-take tablets to help you maintain your overall health (1)
Other supplements you can take regularly include magnesium, enzymes, adaptogens, trace minerals, antioxidants and amino acids.
Other Effective Ways to Boost a Weak Immune System
Other ways to boost your immune system include:
- Carrying out regular detoxification to eliminate toxins build-up
- Taking the time to laugh and have fun often as studies have shown laughing help activates the body’s protective T cells and also induces increased antibody production.
- Take lots of prebiotics (not probiotics) which can be found in foods such as leeks, artichokes, onions and bananas.
- Meditate regularly as meditation has been known to influence your immune response in a positive way.